Karaoke live 6:14 PM

On Friday night, I joined up with a few friends in the karaoke capital of NYC -- Koreatown on 32nd St. My friends say I'm a mic whore... I prefer "mic ho". My usual repertoire includes Sting, U2 and Green Day, which are not necessarily romantic songs. However, these are great starter songs because it gets the crowd juiced up with some fast beats. Now if the lady of the night is in the room, I'll throw in a few songs from Barry White and make eye contact. I must admit, I am not a great singer but I can dance and that's what I do when I karaoke.

Here are a few songs to practice before going out to Karaoke:

  • How deep is your love -- Bee Gees
  • Eternal Flame -- The Bangles
  • Here and Now -- Luther Vandross
  • All out of love -- Air Supply

NYC karaoke hot spots:

  • Sing Sing on St. Marks Place or Ave. A
  • Japas on St. Marke's Place or in midtown
  • Muse Karaoke
  • Village Karaoke
  • Anywhere on 32nd St
  • Biny Karaoke
  • Tatany 38

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

karaoke is no fun when someone refuses to bust out his michael jackson dance.