After a 2 month hiatus 1:58 PM

OK OK OK! Everyone has harrassed me about my looong hiatus from the blogosphere. Well, 2 months was a long hiatus but it's been crazy busy. So to add more submissions I'll start with my freshest memories and walk backwards.

Last weekend I felt like I was back in my twenties. The difference is that I'm certainly feeling my age now. Friday evening I dropped by one of my favorite lounges, The Park on Tenth Ave. It's so big for a NYC lounge/restaurant and the biodome setting is pretty cool too. I went over there with a female co-worker of mine who happens to live a block away -- we shall refer to her as "Gummy Bear". Though G-bear and I started hanging our very recently, she knows I'm emotionally incapable of maintaining a relationship as she now knows of my recent recovery from a devestating relationship. But let's think happy thoughts and not talk about relationships -- onto The Park.

We met up with my buddy Andrew of Hong Kong fame. I recommend going up to the 2nd floor for drinks and a little bit of pseudo-dancing. Once there I began my drinking ritual, opting for wine and then proceeding to my latest fav drink, Level Tonics. Being the bad influence, I encouraged Gummy Bear to drink as I returned from the bar with wine. Much respect to Gummy Bear because she is one determined chick. She recently ran a half marathon and hadn't drank in ages which is something I highly respect because I am also incapable of saying no to a drink (and gambling). So I apologize to Gummy for making her drink. Two sips later and she would need help walking a straight line.

The next day I proceeded to Sensei for brunch with Gummy and Jason, who is our common friend. Afterwards I drove off to the NY Country Club to shag some little white balls, ending with a horrific score of 94 -- tieing for best score with my friend Dave whom I've known since 5 years of age. If there's anyone that has done more than most, it's definitely Dave and you can see it all in his face. He's been there and some.

After golf I showered up and went dancing with one my closest friends, airSuz and her 3 lovely female friends. Fortunatley for me the ratio was great, but unfortunately I'm scarred and emotionally incapable. Nonetheless, we had a fun night dancing somewhere around bowery to hip hop. I'm sure I was the envy of many men dancing with 4 lovely ladies. Thanks Suz for being a great friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

k, you need to learn to spell better. =P

even though you are emotionally incapable for the time being, you are a good guy, and it's been fun hanging out w/ you, even if i did think you were mighty creepy at first and gave you the hand. but for the record, you've turned out to be a useless neighbor, not even owning pots and pans that i can borrow!

-"gummy bear"

airsusie said...

50dates is BACK with a vengeance! looking forward to more date ideas that i will never use (haha) and competing blog entries!