Chocolate covered marriage 8:25 PM

A long time friend of mine who resides in Pasadena CA sent me an interesting email about a couple she knows very well, who've been married for 20 years. How does one keep it going for 2 decades? That's pretty amazing. I hear comics all the time, whether it's Jerry Seinfeld or a random comic at the Gotham Comedy Club, about how marriage becomes so mundane and how married folks envy the single life. I dunno, I've been on both side of the fence. Perhaps I'm a romantic and still believe in the institution of marriage. Anyway, on with the brief post-valentine's day story.

My Pasadena friend said she got an email from her girlfriend today. She shared what her husband did for her on Valentine's Day. He made chocolate covered strawberries and made a card with candy. The card said "I don't need a _____to give you ____and _____." He put a reisen (candy) for reason and hershey's hugs and kisses. My friend stated, "she didn't need flowers or chocolates, it was his creative efforts that made her Valentine's special to her." Thanks Stampin Susan for the email.

1 comments:

purple said...

let me know if you want more stories... she has tons! :)